Gov. Willie Obiano of Anambra has revealed that the Anambra Cargo Airport in Umueri, Anambra East Local Government will be ready for use in April.
Here are however few facts you should know about the new Anambra International Cargo and Passenger airport..
- The project started since January 2020
- The airport is one with the longest runway in Nigeria with a satellite landing system to aid aircraft land any time of the day and in all weather.
- The airport has two runways with 100 per cent erosion control which would prevent flooding during rain.
- It is a high-tech project with good local content, adding that it was being executed by the competent company under the supervision of some of the best consultants in the aviation sector.
- The runway has 06, 024, it has a length of 3.7klm, the width is 60 metres, 45 metres carriage way and 15 metres shoulders and the category is 4F, meaning it can take any Airbus.
- The orientation is that you can land on two sides, you can land on 06 or 024, it has category two light and satellite landing system, one-kilometer racer to take care of overrun.
- According to report it can compete favourably with Murtala Mohammed Airport in Lagos.
Discussion about this post