Russia has invaded Ukraine and this could be the start of World War 3….The bloodiest one ever.
However, here’s a simple breakdown of the issue at hand.
- Ukraine was in the Soviet Union until 1991, when it collapsed, Russia is the biggest country to come out of the USSR, Ukraine got her independence.
- Russia does not want Ukraine joining NATO, cos they believe it will be a threat to their national security and they also believe that Ukraine and Russia are just like Nigeria and Biafra…the same people.
- Russia accused NATO and the West of providing Ukraine with weapons and training.
- Ukraine wants to join NATO…Russia hates the idea and wants a guarantee that NATO will not admit Ukraine. NATO said they cannot bar a country from joining.
- Russia has backed rebels in Ukraine and even recognised 2 breakout states just to undermine Ukraine.
- Over 14,000 people has died since 2014 in the Beed between them. I think Russia wants to crush Ukraine to send a message.
- For now, the UN, NATO and the West are using some sanctions to punish Russia. It may not be enough. Most Western nations support Ukraine…US and Germany has provided weapons.
- Explosions rocked Kyiv…Russia has invaded Ukraine.